Professional indemnity arrangement

Last Updated 26/05/2021


Back to top

You must declare that you have, or will have when practising, appropriate cover under an indemnity arrangement.

Meeting the requirement

Back to top

As a registered nurse, midwife or nursing associate you are legally required to have a professional indemnity arrangement in place in order to practise.

Most employers provide the appropriate cover for their employees, but it is worth checking with your employer to confirm this. If you are self-employed you will need to have arranged your own professional indemnity cover.

You don’t need to provide evidence to prove you meet this requirement – you just need to confirm you have the appropriate cover when making your application.

We have lots of resources to help you get the best from revalidation.
Download resources and templates

Did you find this information useful?
Submit feedback