Types of information
We categorise information into these seven classes:
- Council and Committee meetings and Council agendas, papers and minutes (presented in open sessions)
- Standing Orders
- Scheme of Delegation
Fitness to practise
- Fitness to practise outcomes
- Guidance for fitness to practise decision makers
- Archived guidance for our fitness to practise decision makers (applies to hearings that started before 28 July 2017)
- Transcripts of fitness to practise panels (where held in open session) - hard copy on request
- Equality and diversity strategy
- Tendering and procurement
- Welsh language scheme
- Our new approach to fitness to practise
- Freedom of Information (FOI) and data requests
- Privacy notice
- Registration and revalidation information handling guidance
- Fitness to practise information handling guidance
- Data protection policy
- Information security policy
- Data sharing policy
- The Code: Professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses, midwives and nursing associates
- Standards and guidance
Fitness to practise
- Raising a concern about a nurse, midwife or nursing associate to us
- Managing concerns: a resource for employers
News and blogs
Why we have a publication scheme
We're committed to being as open and transparent as possible, while adhering to our legal obligations under Freedom of Information and Data Protection legislation.
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, we must maintain a publication scheme.
In many cases, the information you are looking for will already be available and there will be no need for you to make a formal request under the Freedom of Information Act.
How to request information
Our hearings are digitally recorded, but we don't always produce written transcripts for each.
To request to have a hearing transcribed, email FTPTranscript.Requests@nmc-uk.org.
We may charge for producing transcripts if you're not a party to a hearing. Costs may vary for this.
If you can't find the information you want on our website or by using the publication scheme, you can request it from us.