Freedom of Information
Freedom of information requests
Freedom of information
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOI Act), we have adopted the Model Publication Scheme introduced by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). This means that we have a legal commitment to provide the following types of information:
- who we are and what we do
- what we spend and how we spend it
- what are our priorities and how are we doing
- how we make decisions
- our policies and procedures
- lists and registers
- the services we offer.
For more information, please see the Model Publication Scheme on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website
We have also adopted the Health Regulators Definition Document which can be viewed on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website
Most of the information listed in the definition document is freely available under relevant sections of the NMC website. If the information you require is not available on the website, please complete the FOI request form.
We will provide information unless:
- we do not hold the information
- the information is exempt under one of the FOI exemptions or Environmental Information Regulations (EIRs) exceptions, or its release is prohibited under another statute
- the information is archived, out of date or otherwise inaccessible
- it would be impractical or resource-intensive to prepare the material for routine release
Information Commissioner's Office
The Information Commissioner's Office has delivered three decision notices in relation to freedom of information requests for information relating to fitness to practise cases where the outcome was that the Investigating Committee closed the case with a 'no case to answer' decision..
If you have any further questions about this privacy notice please email us FOIandDPArequest@nmc-uk.org or write to us at Records and Archives, Nursing and Midwifery Council, 23 Portland Place, London, W1B 1PZ.
Freedom of Information disclosure log
The disclosure logs provide a summary of freedom of information requests and response
Go to our Privacy notice for personal information requests. Information held about an individual is covered by the Data Protection Act 1998.
I want to...
Use our Employer Confirmations service to look up registration details of a nurse or midwifeSearch service