Our services for employers
How we support healthcare providers
What we do
We work with employers in healthcare to make sure referrals of nurses and midwives are appropriate and include all relevant information. We also ensure that the fitness to practise process is timely and efficient. This is one of the ways in which we uphold the Code, ultimately leading to better care for patients.
We liaise with employers through the Employer Link Service team.
See our advice on referring a nurse or midwife as an employer.
What we offer
- we can help you determine whether to make a referral, especially with borderline cases.
Providing learning and induction for fitness to practise
- we offer inductions for Directors of Nursing
- fitness to practise and other core function learning sets/sessions for employers.
Listening to employers and sharing information
- we listen to feedback on local issues from employers to improve our processes
- we actively take part in local health sector forums, such as risk and quality summits.
Employer Link Service can be contacted on EmployerLinkService@nmc-uk.org. The advice line number 020 7462 8850 is open Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 18:00.
Employer services leaflet
If you would like to share information about our services for employers with your organisation in print form, you can download the printer-friendly leaflet below.
NMC services for employers [print]