As part of our education programme of change, we're reviewing our post-registration standards. We created a steering group to review how post-registration education evolves.
Members of the steering group
The post-registration standards steering group is chaired by Dr David Foster OBE and includes a range of key stakeholders from across the four countries of the UK.
This includes representatives from:
- Council of Deans of Health
- Brent Sickle Cell & Thalassaemia Centre, London
- Chief Nursing Officer's office, NHS England and Improvement
- Chief Nursing Officer’s office, Department of Health, Northern Ireland
- Chief Nursing Officer's office, Scottish Government
- Chief Nursing Officer's office, Welsh Government
- Faculty of Occupational Health Nursing
- Health Education and Improvement Wales
- Health Education England
- Institute of Health Visiting
- National School of Occupational Health
- NHS Education for Scotland
- NHS Wales
- Northern Ireland Practice and Education Council for Nurses and Midwives
- Public Health England
- Public Health Northern Ireland
- Public Health Wales
- Queen's Nursing Institute
- Queen's Nursing Institute Scotland
- Royal College of Midwives
- Royal College of Nursing
- School and Public Health Nursing Association
- Skills for Care
- University of Derby
The post-registration steering group met for the first time on Wednesday 20 November 2019 where they were introduced to the project and the evidence gathered so far.
Read our more about the steering group’s first meeting.