Raising concerns as a student

How students can raise a concern

How would you rate your experience today? Please fill out our short survey to help us improve the NMC Education webpages.

Complete the survey

Raising a concern about someone on our register

If you have concerns that someone on our register is not fit to practise because of a health or character issue, or because you have witnessed poor practice or a risk to public protection, you have a duty outlined in the Code to make your concerns known.

You’ll need to raise your concerns through our Fitness to Practise process.

Raising a concern about an approved education institution (AEI)

You should report any concerns you have about the education provided by an approved education institution (AEI) or about the health and character of an AEI employee. 

You should make every attempt to resolve your concern or complaint, including any which relate to practice learning, directly with the AEI before contacting us.

We can’t consider complaints about the academic judgement of staff at an AEI.

You can get support from your student union, or other support mechanisms available from the AEI such as using the AEI’s complaints policy and procedures.

Find out more about raising a concern about an AEI.