Why we ask for evidence

To meet our eligibility criteria, we need to know that your qualification will or has allowed you to register in the country you trained in.

If you do not hold a qualification that meets this eligibility criteria, we won’t be able to consider your application and it will be closed.

You cannot use the same qualification you used before to join a different part of our register. You need to have completed another course that would allow you to register in your country of training.

If you did a combined programme, please contact us before applying.

Upload a copy of your qualification certificate

You'll need to upload a copy of the original qualification certificate for the qualification you're relying on to register with us.

Your name, the name of the qualification and the date you were awarded the qualification should be clearly visible on the certificate.

Provide verification information

The easiest way to show if you meet our eligibility criteria is to provide evidence you registered using your qualification in your country of training. We'll contact your regulator to confirm this.

If you did not register your qualification, we'll also contact your education institution.

If you registered your qualification in your country of training

We’ll ask you for:

  • the name of your regulator
  • a copy of your registration certificate.

If you did not register your qualification in your country of training

We’ll ask you for:

  • the name of the regulator in your country of training
  • contact details for your education institution.

Things to be aware of

I don't have my original qualification certificate

We recommend you contact your education institution directly to get another copy or a statement from them confirming the qualification you completed.

My certificate is not in English

For every document that is not in English, you must provide:

  • the original document
  • a photocopy of the original document stamped and signed by a translation service
  • a complete and accurate English translation with the photocopy of the original document, also stamped and signed by the translation service.
  • the contact details of the translation service or translator used.

We won't be able to accept your document without these.

My name is different on my qualification evidence

You’ll need to upload further evidence if your qualification is in a different name to the one on your application, so we can see why you’ve changed your name and confirm your identity.

Examples of further evidence include a marriage, civil partnership or divorce certificate, or a deed poll notification.

Your name change evidence should be issued by the relevant official body and should clearly show your previous and new name(s). You can upload a scanned copy, but we’ll need to see the original version at your face-to-face verification check.

My regulator no longer issues certificates

If your regulator no longer issues registration certificates, we recommend you upload a statement of entry to the register from your regulator instead.

Contact your verifiers before you begin

Make sure you contact your referees or verifiers before submitting your application to let them know you’re applying for registration with us, get consent to share their contact details with us and make sure you’re providing the correct details.

Your application may be delayed if you don’t contact them, as we’ll only be able to evaluate your qualification once we’ve received the information we need from your referees or verifiers.