NMC announces new payment by instalment option
27 June 2016
Nurses and midwives will now have greater flexibility when paying their annual registration fee, with the NMC introducing a new payment by instalment option.
Nurses and midwives can now choose to pay their £120 annual registration fee by quarterly direct debit payments of £30. Switching from an annual payment or newly signing up to quarterly payments by instalment is available through the NMC Online account, using direct debit.
The NMC has launched the payment by instalment option from today after listening to the views of nurses and midwives who said a more flexible payment system was needed.
Jackie Smith, Chief Executive and Registrar of the NMC said:
“The NMC is delighted to launch this new payment option, which will give greater flexibility to nurses and midwives when they pay their annual fee.
“I’m very pleased that we’ve been able to respond to the positive and constructive conversations we’ve had with nurses and midwives to improve this service.”
Notes for editors
1. For a guide to payment by instalment see our dedicated webpage.
2. The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) is the independent professional regulator for nurses and midwives in the UK. We exist to protect the public. We do this by maintaining the register of qualified nurses and midwives and setting standards of education, training, conduct and performance. We make sure that nurses and midwives keep their skills and knowledge up to date through a regular revalidation process. If concerns are raised about the standards of a registered nurse or midwife, we have a duty to investigate and, where necessary, take action to protect the public.
3. For media enquiries, please contact Jack Fellows on 020 7681 5884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Switching from an annual payment or newly signing up to quarterly payments by instalment is available through the NMC online account, using direct debit. This must be done 20 days before the first of the month that a nurse or midwife’s annual fee is due.
5. Nurses or midwives who wish to continue paying their annual fee on a yearly basis will still be able to do so. Payment by instalment will only begin a month prior to a nurse or midwife’s next annual registration fee.