My Future, My Midwife
Transforming midwifery care for everyone
In communities everywhere, it’s a basic human right of every single woman, baby and family to experience the best and safest care possible during pregnancy, birth and postnatally.
As the professional regulator of more than 40,000 midwives across all four countries of the UK, that’s our expectation, that’s what we are striving for because that’s what people simply deserve – now, and for the future.
We’re proud to celebrate the launch of new, transformational midwifery standards that will equip midwives of the future with the knowledge, skills, values and behaviours to meet women’s changing and often complex, individual needs and choices.
New standards for the future midwife
Find out more about the future midwife standards consultation.
Sign up a webinar
Learn more about the new standards and what they mean for you at one of our upcoming webinars:
- Information for clinical midwives: 24 February, 12.30 – 13.30
- Information for midwifery educators, including practice educators: 23 March, 13.00 – 14.00 (hosted jointly with the Council of Deans of Health)
- Information for clinical midwives and multidisciplinary colleagues: 4 May, 12.30-13.30
You can also download a copy of the webinar slides if you're not able to attend.
Marking this moment
As a four country regulator, we were proud to mark this important moment with celebration events across the UK. They took place in:
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, on Wednesday 15 January
- Cardiff, Wales, on Wednesday 22 January
- Glasgow, Scotland, on Wednesday 5 February
- London, England, on Wednesday 12 February
See more from the events on our Twitter.
Thank you to everyone that joined us in London today, and everyone who joined us in Belfast, Cardiff and Glasgow, for our celebration events to launch of our new #futuremidwife standards! pic.twitter.com/e0U9XmP6oc— The NMC (@nmcnews) February 12, 2020