We are ambitious for the future of the NMC and the professions we regulate.
We want to support nurses, midwives and nursing associates to make an even greater difference for the benefit of people using health and social care services in all settings and across the UK.
That's why since April 2019, we've been gathering the views of the public, professionals on our register, partners and colleagues at the NMC, about the challenges facing nursing and midwifery, and the things we should be focusing on to become a better regulator.
Five key themes emerged from the first phase of engagement:
- A dynamic approach to shaping practice
- Building our relationship with the public
- Strengthening relationships with our professions
- Using and sharing research, data and intelligence
- Closer collaboration with others
We held a consultation on these emerging themes to find out your thoughts on what we should be focused on over the next five years.