NMC Online, HEI Online and our employer and CCPS portals will be unavailable from 18:00 on 27 November to 18:00 on 28 November for essential maintenance. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Please visit nmc.org.uk/COVID19 for information about temporary registration and changes to how we’re operating during this time.


When a nurse or midwife wants to practise outside the UK, the licencing authority in that country may require us to verify their UK registration status

Working in the EU

What a nurse or midwife needs to do to work in the EU

Working outside the EU

Working as a nurse or midwife in a country outside the EU

Transcript of training

If applying for registration overseas, you may need a transcript of your training. It is easiest to obtain this by contacting your original school of training.

Contact Us