Updating your details

How to change your name or address

If your registration lapses, you cannot legally work as a nurse or midwife. It is vital that we have your correct contact details so we can let you know when your registration is due to be renewed.

Change of address

If you wish to change your address with us the easiest way to do this is via NMC Online.
Alternatively, you can notify us by post to our Portland Place office. Please provide your:

  • NMC Pin
  • full name
  • previous address
  • new address.

Change of name

You need to practise in the same name as we hold for you on our register. This helps employers and the public find the correct information they need about your eligibility to practise.

To change your name with us, you must tell us in writing at our Portland Place office or via email to ukenquiries@nmc-uk.org. Please provide your:

  • NMC Pin
  • previous name and title
  • new name and title
  • previous signature and new signature
  • a copy of the official document confirming the name change (for example, marriage certificate or deed of name change certificate).

Please note that we do not accept passports or drivers’ licences. Please do not send any original documents as we are unable to return them. Once your name has been changed, we will post you a new copy of your statement of entry.