A practice assessor for a placement or a series of placements
Practice assessors can be assigned to a student for a placement or a series of placements. This can mean that they will be assigned to a student for a single placement, more than one placement, or for the whole of the academic or practice year.
It is the responsibility of the AEI, with their practice learning partners, to decide for how long a practice assessor should be assigned to a student. In doing this, they may want to take into account the following:
- Public protection
- Any standards that relate to the practice assessor role
- The skills and availability of individual assessors
- The student’s course outcomes
- The student’s learning needs
- Course and placement organisation, for example how many placements there are, or the location and type of the placements.
Want to download and print whole sections of SISSSA? Visit the downloads page.
- Who are practice supervisors and how are they prepared?
- Who identifies who the practice supervisors are?
- What do practice supervisors do?
- Support for the practice supervisor role
- Who are practice assessors and how are they prepared?
- Who identifies the practice assessors
- What do practice assessors do?
- Support for the practice assessor role
- Who are academic assessors and how are they prepared?
- Who identifies the academic assessors
What do academic assessors do?
- What do academic assessors do?
- Collation and confirmation of academic learning
- Assessment for progression
- Upholding public protection
- Managing a student not meeting the progress expected
- Handing over to the next academic assessor (if relevant)
- Support for the academic assessor role
Learning environments and experiences
- Safe and effective learning
- Designing and reviewing a safe and effective learning environment and experience
- Types of learning experiences
- Support for those who deliver education
- Raising concerns
- The student at the centre of learning
- What to expect from your learning and assessment
- Raising concerns
- Complaints or appeals