Working with a lapsed registration

You cannot work as a nurse or midwife without effective registration

It is illegal to work in a role requiring registration in any circumstance while you are unregistered. If you are working you should stop immediately and tell your employer that you have a lapsed registration.

If you apply for readmission after practising without being registered we may open a fitness to practise investigation or refer your application to the Registrar's advisory group. As well as completing your online standard readmission or return to practice readmission, you may need to need to demonstrate that you have met the requirements for registration. This may mean readmission to the register will take longer than usual.