QA framework for education
Information about our quality assurance framework
We launched our quality assurance (QA) framework in June 2013 and updated it in September 2016.
Fframwaith sicrhau ansawdd (Welsh)
Our role includes:
- setting the high-level policy for QA
- commissioning and overseeing an effective QA process
- developing and using intelligence from QA to protect the public
- sharing QA intelligence appropriately with others
- effectively using intelligence from others to inform QA
- using our evidence from QA to influence the strategy for nursing and midwifery education and for supervision of midwives to improve public protection, and
- engaging with stakeholders in education and the supervision of midwives.
We contract the operational delivery of quality assurance of education and supervision of midwives to Mott MacDonald. They:
- recruit, train and manage the performance of our reviewers
- schedule and organise quality assurance events, and
- issue and update documentation.
Mott MacDonald reports to us while we retain overall control of the process. Information gathered is published in regular quality assurance activity reports.