QA framework for education
Information about our quality assurance framework
We launched our quality assurance (QA) framework [PDF] in June 2013 and updated it in August 2015.
Our role includes:
- setting the high-level policy for QA
- commissioning and overseeing an effective QA process
- developing and using intelligence from QA to protect the public
- sharing QA intelligence appropriately with others
- effectively using intelligence from others to inform QA
- using our evidence from QA to influence the strategy for nursing and midwifery education and for supervision of midwives to improve public protection, and
- engaging with stakeholders in education and the supervision of midwives.
We contract the operational delivery of quality assurance of education and supervision of midwives to Mott MacDonald. They:
- recruit, train and manage the performance of our reviewers
- schedule and organise quality assurance events, and
- issue and update documentation.
Mott MacDonald reports to us while we retain overall control of the process. Information gathered is published in regular quality assurance activity reports.