Membership of diversity organisations
How we ensure our work is fair to patients, the public, nurses, midwives and our staff
We are members of, and work with, a number of diversity organisations to help us to learn about best practice and improve our work. These organisations include:
- Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion
- Business Disability Forum
- Race for Opportunity
- Gender Identity Research and Education Society
- Stonewall Diversity Champions
How do we try to make sure that our work is fair to patients and the public?
- We train our staff, and those delivering our work, to understand how to treat patients and the public fairly.
- Where we can, we will remove barriers so that anyone who needs to contact us can do so.
- We give nurses and midwives guidance so that they can provide good standards of care to diverse groups of patients.
- We get views from diverse groups of patients to help us develop our work.
How do we try to make sure that our work is fair to nurses and midwives?
- We will do more work to understand the diversity of our register.
- We get views from diverse groups of nurses and midwives to help us develop our work.
- We train our staff, and those delivering our work, to understand how to treat nurses and midwives fairly.
How do we try to make sure that we are a fair employer?
- We provide a fair, accessible and transparent recruitment process.
- We treat everyone who works for us fairly, and with dignity and respect.
- We want everyone who works for us to develop and progress.